The Porsche 911 GT3
The Porsche 911 GT3 is not a typical race car.
With engine, transmission, air intake and exhaust all situated in the rear of the vehicle under a large wing, this pure driving machine has sonic characteristics very different from many familiar racing vehicles. Its exhaust note is deep and throaty and the transmission is snappy at speed.
The Porsche 911 GT3 library is a series of recordings that were made on a track just outside of Houston on media day for the Effort race team. These are 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 Rs that race on the Pirelli World Challenge series. Each car has a naturally aspirated, water cooled, four valve 4.0 liter flat six cylinder Porsche engine. These cars create 500 horse power from the factory and race with E10 fuel. The transmission is a Porsche six gear racing box with sequential shift mechanism.
With full access to the vehicles and the track, we recorded up to 13 channels on every movement.
The recording setup was as follows:
- Onboards including Sanken CUB01, Crown PZM and Sanken COS11 mics
- Interiors captured with a Sure VP-88
- An ORTF array of Line Audio CM3s at pit row
- An array of MKH60s and a Shoeps MS rig at another straightaway on a balcony
- An ORTF array of Line Audio CM3s at a long slow turn
- A roving handheld MKH70 rig
After a full day of recording we had material ranging from idles and slow starts to whip bys and burnouts. We also got a wide variety of foley and ambient recordings that happened organically throughout the day. Listen to the demo, check the file list, and get your copy today.
end user license agreement
- 24 bit, 96 kHz stereo wav files
- soundminer and bwav metadata tags
- 8.5 Gigabytes of sound
- 270 files
- over 4 hours of audio